1. In order to comfort someone you must touch them. Comfort requires some sort of contact with the other person. Touch them in a warm and gentle manner.
2. Do not stand by and watch others suffer and do nothing. Comfort them and try to make them feel better.
3. Do not laugh at people in distress. Comfort them to show them that they are not alone in their pain.
4. It is important to be affectionate to others. To comfort someone we must touch them, stroke them, hug them. Comfort requires touch, words are not enough.
5. People need a pat on the back or a hug to let them know they are okay, that they are accepted and that they are liked.
6. Touch is sharing human warmth. When we comfort people we teach them that someone cares they are hurting.